Monday, November 9, 2009

Reality of grocery shopping

I had to go to Kroger today to get some stuff as I have been on the sofa for two days with a headache and nausea. Maybe it was too much testosterone floating around the football banquet on Friday night. Or maybe it was the food? Anyhow I went about my drone like march through the aisles when I was pierced by a shrill scream from across the store. I was a little pissed because My right ear has been hurting and this little darling was making my inner ear bleed.

It happened again and again. Over and over, I actually started to look for the culprit. I did not catch up with him until I went to the cough syrup aisle adjacent to the cash registers. I heard the scream and saw a group of shoppers look on in horror as the child in the "car" buggy was in line repeatedly wailing out the highest pitched noise that I have ever been cursed with hearing. The mother of the child just stood there. She did nothing. I got so frazzled that I got the wrong cough syrup for Alex and forgot my tea! AHHH I really needed tea! So fascinating ha?

I hope the mother of the siren has a better day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Licensed Professional counselor,Yoga Teacher 200RYT, Certified Group Fitness Instructor, Captian of the Food Police, Fully self-actualized human being.