Sunday, December 20, 2009

2 small dogs, one toppled Christmas tree


On Saturday morning, I was awaken by my husband who stormed into the room inquiring if I had "put the dogs to bed?" last night. We have to separate the boys while Mocha's back heals so we keep him in the kitchen and Jiva in the Foyer. I replied "yea why?" He said they snuck through the puppy gates and got into the family room and knocked down the Christmas Tree. 8:30 on my only morning to sleep in...come on....you must be joking! I grabbbed my robe and flew down the stairs, there, on the floor lie my beautiful tree and all the ornaments that we worked so hard on placing perfectly. Next to the side of the fallen tree was an unceremonious piddle of pee. I just stood there.....So thankful for yoga that calms my nerves and helps me to stay centered... I said "pick it up." Vic just stood there....dejavu ran through his mind of the old house 10 years ago when our tree stand that he had "fixed" failed and sent crashing our tree along with at least $700 worth of spun glass ornaments...this is another story for another time.... We picked up the tree, and to our amazement only one ornament was broken. So we start to hypothesize what happened: Scenario #1 Mocha felt better and taunted his brother to play, they snuck into the forbidden forest and spotted a huge tree....so wanting to assert their dominance they attempt to mark the tree..but alas, it is too tall so they lept into the air and landed just right to cause it to fall...then they mark their spot. Scenario #2 In the course of playing, Jiva gets hungry. Being the perpetual mooch that he is smells the chocolate ornaments and attempts to snag one for himself and knocks the tree over while prying one off a branch. Scenario # 3 They are so dizzy with delight at being able to play for the first time in 3 weeks that they get carried away and crash into the tree... Anyhow, Christmas is saved, the needles and water quickly cleaned and the ornaments replaced. I was buying dog snacks at Trader Joes and the cashier asked how my dog was. I replied " There are 2 of them and they knocked down our Christmas tree this morning and peed on it." The couple behind me burst out in laughter, we all did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Licensed Professional counselor,Yoga Teacher 200RYT, Certified Group Fitness Instructor, Captian of the Food Police, Fully self-actualized human being.