Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Flu, broken lights and a lame dog

I had the flu, again... or what seemed like it. I'm finally feeling better, at least enough to go to classes as a student. I'm glad my dog is on the mend as well. Poor Mocha Sunshine pulled a muscle in his back and needed to be on steroids and pain medication for 3 weeks. We were both feeling sorry for ourselves and we napped on the sofa together. Nothing is sadder than a little dog who cries like an injured dolphin as he tries to turn around in his crate. I thought that he wouldn't like being crated when I left the house, but he seemed to enjoy the peacefulness. We later found out the our Pommie Jiva was humping poor Mocha when he was defenseless. Alpha dog dominance. We're glad that dog's don't hold grudges...at least I hope so.

I helped decorate the gym for my first born son's first Jr high dance. I had the strangest feeling of dejavu. We strung lights along the gym and it looked beautiful at 4pm. A short caused one complete side to fail...the impermanence of life. It was darker that we had planned so our chaperon radar was at full power. We are blessed to have a great group of kids at the school. It went off like a charm.

No Christmas cards even at the photo dept yet. Man am I behind...so much so that I am at the front again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Licensed Professional counselor,Yoga Teacher 200RYT, Certified Group Fitness Instructor, Captian of the Food Police, Fully self-actualized human being.